Eckert Cold Storage
Agriculture Operations Supervisor
Eckert Cold Storage Co. has established itself as the North American leader for IQF peppers. Growing in multiple regions in California and Mexico we serve the largest food companies in North America. Consistency of supply joined with superior logistics, product quality and food safety represent the cornerstones of our business. Headquartered in Escalon CA, the company operates 3 production centers.
Eckert is seeking a highly motivated Agriculture Operations Supervisor (full time). Reporting directly to the Director of Field and Farming Operations the position is responsible for the following:
- Oversee raw product logistics including scheduling activities related to the annual harvest.
- Responsible for keeping the company abreast of current compliance requirements regarding regulatory and food safety information from growers and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual crop plan.
- Establish positive working relationship with the company’s grower base.
- Assisting growers with seed and crop care activities to ensure crop plans and quality parameters are met.
- Computer input of grower performance metrics to understand opportunities, and populate other spreadsheets as needed.
- Support the Director of Field and Farming Operations to achieve successful field trials and trial seed productions.
- Identify areas of improvement in Ag Operations and make recommendations on continuous improvement projects.
- Assist with Eckert Trucking, LLC daily operations as needed including scheduling of company drivers, managing the safety program, and scheduling equipment inspections and repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Ag Business, Plant Science, or related degree.
- 2+ years of agriculture or field related experience.
- Basic understanding of crop requirements, growing and harvesting practices and regulatory compliance.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak production periods, including weekends & holidays
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to build and navigate basic Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Access data base experience would be a plus.
- Current driver’s license with good driving record is required
Eckert Cold Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Info@eckertcs.com, or Mail to: Eckert Cold Storage Co., Attn: Human Resources, 905 Clough Road, Escalon CA 95320.
No phone calls or recruiters please.