As a member of the Quality Assurance team will supervise quality assurance hourly technicians at both of the Escalon, California plant. May involve some duties at the Manteca, California plant. The position will also be responsible for training, auditing, of the QA and Food Safety programs, regulatory compliance including FSMA, and facilitating a food safety culture throughout the organization. Responsible for elements of implementing, and monitoring compliance to specifications and requirements relative to HACCP, SSOP’s GMP’s, Food Safety, and Quality Management Programs. Develop and lead QA technicians in quality initiatives and continuous improvement. Ensure the plants are in compliance with BRC(8), and FSMA.
- Associates degree in Food Safety or Microbiology desirable but would consider related quality assurance work experience in a food processing environment.
- Mandatory – experience in quality assurance in a food processing or related environment. SQF or BRC certification would be a major plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Compliance – FSMA, BRC, SQF, USDA, FDA, HACCP, GMP’s, and SSOP.
- Trained and Certified in HACCP and Sanitation requirements.
- Ability to work in hot and cold temperature environments and stand for extended periods of time.
Negotiable based on experience, Health benefits including dental and vision, vacation plan, Company 401k, and bonus plan.
Eckert is a well established, 70-year old family owned and operated, industry leading manufacturer of IQF (individually quick frozen) peppers. The company specializes in all phases of growing, processing, and distribution of IQF bell peppers, plabano peppers, and pepper cups for customers such as Nestle, ConAgra, Pinnacle Foods, and Schwan’s. The company has processing plants in Manteca, CA, Escalon, CA, and Cullican, Mexico. Our locations allow us to produce IQF peppers year round which significantly improves customer service.
|Reports to||Director of Quality Assurance|