Operates Freon, and ammonia gas cooling systems to refrigerate rooms or to provide refrigeration for industrial processes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment ai1d auxiliary machinery.
- Observes temperature, pressure and ampere readings for system ai1d equipment and adjusts controls or overrides automatic controls to obtain specified operation of equipment.
- Records temperature, pressure, and other readings on log sheet at specified intervals.
- Makes periodic inspection of equipment and system to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment.
- Adjusts controls to isolate and clear broken lines for repair or shuts down equipment.
- Repacks pumps and compressors, cleans condensers, and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Keeps compressors and related equipment clean and lubricated.
- Defrosts cold rooms, freezers and chillers as needed.
- Removes oil from compressors and coils when necessary.
- Responsible for product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and product quality.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Safety and Security – Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Individual will be put on the call list for alarm notifications after business hours. Individual must be available on weekends to perform engine room checks and respond to alarm calls. Individual must be available to work any shift. Individual must be able work 7 days a week during the production season.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
|Reports To:||Plant Manager|
|FLSA Status:||Union Hourly|