Summary: Compiles and maintains inventory for company and outside warehouses, performs customer service, shipping, and accounts receivable by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Prepares inventory reports such as inventory balance and records and adjusts overs and under.
- Enters orders into accounting software.
- Authorizes and prints shipment releases from company and outside warehouses.
- Schedules warehouse shipments for Escalon plant.
- Checks audits and verifies paperwork from company and outside warehouses for accuracy and completeness.
- Services the shipping window for outbound loads and inbound frozen loads.
- Checks invoicing for accuracy and posts invoices once complete.
- Prepares bills of ladings for Escalon shipments.
- Computes brokerage due from sales invoices.
- Responsible for product safety, legality, regularity compliance and product quality.
- Communicate with Customers via phone and email regarding orders, shipments, deliveries etc.
- Communicate with freight carriers regarding load pick-up and delivery
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Access database and Accounting software; Microsoft office outlook; Internet software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Individual must be able to type, data entry and use a 10-key.
Other Qualifications: Individual must be available to work daily overtime hours, weekends and holidays if business needs require.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.