The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing Eckert’s overall supply chain and logistics operations in order to maximize efficiency, productivity, and customer service. The Supply Chain Manager will have responsibility for monitoring production and inventory levels to ensure efficiency. The SCM has a critical role in developing and managing transportation vendors and 3rd party warehouses to reduce landed costs while ensuring customers’ needs are met.
Eckert is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our team. The SCM will be responsible for planning, implementing, and analyzing the overall supply chain and inventory strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity, while protecting the service levels that customers have come to expect.
- With the VP of Sales, plan and implement the supply chain strategy
- Manage 3rd party warehouses and transportation vendors including development and management of departmental KPI’s
- Work with customer service and sales to manage inventory rotation and movements
- Initiate solutions for continuous improvement
- Manage daily inventory movements to ensure FIFO and accurate reconciliation
- Develop and analyze internal and external data to anticipate future needs of customers and logistics, and keep the business apprised of market dynamics.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years progressive work experience in logistics and/or inventory management
- BS in Supply Chain, Logistics Management , or related business field preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- An inquisitive, analytical thought process that capitalizes on proven business acumen
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to be flexible and committed to results in pressure situations