Summary: Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates lift truck, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank and performs first line maintenance on lift truck.
- Sets-up tail off area, changes numbers and/or letters on case marking devices.
- Place and secure side racks and/or corner irons on pallets of finished goods.
- Moves finish product in and out of cold rooms.
- Responsible for product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and product quality.