Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, clamps or elevating platform, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control move111ent of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks bins by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads empty bins onto highway trucks.
- Keep accurate written records as requested by the Company.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weigh materials or products and records the weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Responsible for product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and product quality.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety and Security — Observes safety and security procedures
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Forklift operator certification desirable but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Individual must be available to work any shift. Individual must be available or work 7 days a week during the production season. Overtime work is probable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee lo successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|Reports To:||Production Supervisor|
|FLSA Status:||Union Hourly|